Automatic Knife Release Form
f-18 form successfully submitted
A confirmation will be sent to your email shortly. You can find your signed form in your Account.
Please note, you cannot add to cart without signing the f-18 agreement
Chili Crisp Chicken
By Jet Tila
- 8 oz (226 g) chicken breast or thigh, thin sliced
- 2 tsp (7 g) cornstarch
- 1 tsp (7 g) baking soda
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- Pinch white pepper
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) canola oil or high temp oil
- 3 Tbsp high temp oil
- 6-8 dried Thai chile
- ½ (100 g) onion, lyonnaise cut
- ½ (75 g) red bell pepper, batonette cut
- ½ (75 g) green bell pepper, batonette cut
- 2 cloves (10 g) garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) chili crisp
- 3 Tbsp (30 ml) oyster sauce
- 2 Tbsp (15 ml) hoisin sauce
- Coat chicken pieces in cornstarch, baking soda, kosher salt, white pepper, and canola oil. Mix well to coat thoroughly, let marinate for 10 minutes on counter, or if longer, place in refrigerator.
- Heat 3 Tbsp (30 ml) of oil over high heat in a large skillet. When you see the first whisp of white smoke, stir in the garlic and cook until light brown and fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in chicken and stir fry until medium and outside is seared, about 1 minute.
- Stir the onions and bells to the pan and cook until light brown and soft for about 1-2 minutes. Add the chilies and stir fry for about 1 more minute until all ingredients are combined and hot.
- Stir in the chili crisp, oyster sauce hoisin into the pan and stir fry together until all the flavors combine and the sauce reduces to a glaze, about 1 minute. Taste and adjust, then serve over a bed of hot Jasmine rice.