In Japan, this knife style is known as a gyuto. It is the Japanese equivalent of the chef's knife. In other words, it's an all-purpose knife. It's ideal for meat and fish, yet performs beautifully on vegetables, too. Although the blade profile is narrower than the traditional chef's knife, it still offers plenty of knuckle clearance when cutting on a board. If you're looking for a lighter, more nimble multi-purpose kitchen knife, the Shun Classic Asian Cook's Knife is sure to become your go-to knife for a wide range of food preparation tasks.
- A traditional Japanese all-purpose knife
- Proprietary VG-MAX cutting core is wear and corrosion resistant, strong, and very fine-grained to enable a razor-sharp, long-lasting 16° edge
- 34 layers of stainless Damascus cladding each side (68 total); support the core, add stain resistance, and help food release from the blade
- D-shaped ebony PakkaWood® handles are comfortable for both left- and right-handed users; durable, beautiful, and won't harbor bacteria
- Full composite tang for light weight and perfect balance
- Handcrafted in Japan