For a chef's knife that is particularly lightweight and highly maneuverable, try the Shun Classic 6-in. Chef's Knife. Like all chef's knives, it is an all-purpose blade ideal for a wide variety of cutting tasks. While the 6-in. length is perfect for slicing and dicing small to medium-sized fruits, vegetables, and other foods, many cooks prefer this smaller size for its sheer nimbleness. The wide blade keeps knuckles off the cutting board and is extra handy when transferring cut food from board to pan. With its curved belly, the Chef's knife can be gently "rocked" through fresh herbs or spices to produce a very fine mince.
- A smaller, lighter, and more maneuverable chef's knife
- Proprietary VG-MAX cutting core is wear and corrosion resistant, strong, and very fine-grained to enable a razor-sharp, long-lasting 16° edge
- 34 layers of stainless Damascus cladding each side (68 total); support the core, add stain resistance, and help food release from the blade
- D-shaped ebony PakkaWood® handles are comfortable for both left- and right-handed users; durable, beautiful, and won't harbor bacteria
- Full composite tang for light weight and perfect balance
- Handcrafted in Japan