Nakiri is simply Japanese for "vegetable knife." Once you get the Shun Classic Nakiri in your hands, you will see why both professional chefs and good cooks around the world choose this beautiful and extremely useful tool whenever they have fruits or vegetables to prepare. With its straight blade, edge, and spine, the nakiri is used with a simple push cut. You will love the clean, swift work it makes of vegetables of all kinds. For daily salad preparation or slicing vegetables for stir-fry, it cannot be beat. Finely dicing onions is fast, easy, and with the Shun Classic Nakiri's blunt end, safer, too.
- A traditional Japanese knife for preparing vegetables
- Proprietary VG-MAX cutting core is wear and corrosion resistant, strong, and very fine-grained to enable a razor-sharp, long-lasting 16° edge
- 34 layers of stainless Damascus cladding each side (68 total); support the core, add stain resistance, and help food release from the blade
- D-shaped ebony-finished PakkaWood® handles are comfortable for both left- and right-handed users; durable, beautiful, and won't harbor bacteria
- Full composite tang for light weight and perfect balance
- Handcrafted in Japan