In size, the Shun Classic 6-in. Utility Knife is between a chef's knife and a paring knife, but its blade is narrower and straighter. It's perfect for a multitude of small tasks where more precise cuts are needed, such as trimming broccoli, green beans, or other smaller vegetables. Others like its smaller size as an alternative to the chef's knife. Utility knives are sometimes called sandwich knives because they work well on almost everything that goes into a sandwich—from thin-skinned vegetables such as tomatoes, to meats and cheeses.
- A multipurpose knife between a chef's knife and a paring knife in size
- Proprietary VG-MAX cutting core is wear and corrosion resistant, strong, and very fine-grained to enable a razor-sharp, long-lasting 16° edge
- 34 layers of stainless Damascus cladding each side (68 total); support the core, add stain resistance, and help food release from the blade
- D-shaped ebony-finished PakkaWood® handles are comfortable for both left- and right-handed users; durable, beautiful, and won't harbor bacteria
- Full composite tang for light weight and perfect balance
- Handcrafted in Japan