Large Hinoki Cutting Board W/Urushi Edge
Hinoki is a type of Japanese cypress renowned for its beauty as well as its delicate, natural fragrance. Used in a cutting board, this medium-soft wood “gives" as you cut, helping to preserve the sharp edge of your fine Shun cutlery. The edges of this beautiful cutting board are coated with a natural Japanese lacquer called urushi, which is derived from tree sap. This is the same lacquer that is found in the famous Japanese lacquerware. In this case, the urushi lacquer seals the edges so they resist absorbing moisture. Urushi's natural antibacterial qualities also help prevent mold and mildew. This natural-color lacquer is both attractive and food safe. Quite simply put, a hinoki wood board is the perfect cutting surface for all your Shun knives, and our urushi edges make it even better. This larger size cutting board offers the right surface for all general-purpose cooking tasks.
- Provides the right cutting surface to protect the fine edge of your Shuns
- Natural Japanese urushi lacquer on edges resists moisture, helps prevent mold/mildew
- Large size is perfect for all general-purpose cutting tasks
- Hinoki wood grown in Japan; Forest Stewardship Council Certified for sustainable forest management practices
Use & Care:
- Wet cutting board before each use to help resist staining
- Wash with mild detergent; towel dry, then let air-dry away from direct sunlight
- Clean stains by rubbing a cut lemon across the stain.
- Both sides of the cutting board can be used; if you notice the board curving simply turn it over and use the other side until the board re-flattens, repeat as needed
- Do not wash in dishwasher
Features + Details
- Use Cutting Board
- Edition Web Exclusive
- Warranty 90–Day
- Country of Origin Japan
- Dimensions 17.75" X 11.75" X .75"
Automatic Knife Release Form
f-18 form successfully submitted
A confirmation will be sent to your email shortly. You can find your signed form in your Account.
Please note, you cannot add to cart without signing the f-18 agreement
- 1800 SW Teton Avenue
- Tualatin, OR 97062
- Phone: 503-682-1966
- Toll Free: 800-325-2891
- Fax: 503-682-7168