The ultimate performance of a carbon steel cutting core meets the beauty and benefits of SAN MAI stainless steel cladding in the Shun Narukami Chef’s Knife. Some cooks simply prefer a longer chef's knife. For them, we offer the Shun Narukami 10-inch Chef's Knife. The longer blade provides additional cutting leverage and is especially handy when it comes to cutting larger foods. If you swear by the performance of a carbon steel knife, this knife is for you. Like all carbon steels, Blue II requires additional care to prevent rust and corrosion from forming on the carbon steel core. Cleaning and drying immediately is key. Over time, the edge will darken, developing a patina which, when formed, will also help protect the edge. Narukami, which means “thunderbolt” in Japanese, has a striking look. It is designed for professionals and for those who appreciate the unique qualities of fine carbon steel cutlery. The contoured grip gives you complete, comfortable, and beautifully balanced cutting control.
- The right choice for those who prefer a slightly longer chef's knife
- Blue II carbon steel cutting core for edge holding, easy re-sharpening
- Stainless steel SAN MAI cladding, one layer each side, makes maintenance easier, supports the core; bead-blasting hides scratches, helps food release
- Riveted Micarta handles are durable and comfortable
- Full-tang construction for strength and balance
- Handcrafted in Japan