The ultimate performance of a carbon steel cutting core meets the beauty and benefits of san mai stainless steel cladding in the Shun Narukami Chef’s Knife. If you swear by the performance of a carbon steel knife, this knife is for you. Narukami, which means “thunderbolt” in Japanese, has a striking look. It is designed for professionals and for those who appreciate the unique qualities of fine carbon steel cutlery. Like all carbon steels, Blue II requires additional care to prevent rust and corrosion from forming on the carbon steel core. Cleaning and drying immediately is key. Over time, the edge will darken, developing a patina which, when formed, will also help protect the edge. This 8-inch chef’s knife will be the kitchen performer you will reach for every day for every task. From slicing to chiffonade, the contoured grip gives you complete, comfortable, and beautifully balanced cutting control.
- The multifunction chef’s knife is the one no cook can be without
- Blue II carbon steel cutting core for edge holding, easy re-sharpening
- Stainless steel san mai cladding, one layer each side, makes maintenance easier, supports the core; bead-blasting hides scratches, helps food release
- Riveted Micarta handles are durable and comfortable
- Full-tang construction for strength and balance
- Handcrafted in Japan