In Japan, the kiritsuke is used for all the tasks for which you'd use a chef's knife. Known as the master chef's knife, it offers top cutting performance and versatility. With its straighter edge, the Shun Premier 8-in. Kiritsuke is ideal for slicing and push cuts. Julienne, dice, or brunoise vegetables with ease. It's also an excellent choice for cleaning and portioning boneless proteins, and particularly fish. It slices cooked proteins easily and gracefully. Once you try it, you'll find yourself reaching for your Shun Premier Kiritsuke more and more often.
- A multi-purpose knife treasured by Japanese master chefs
- VG-MAX cutting core; the latest in the VG line of “super steels”; wear resistant, corrosion resistant, holds a fine, sharp edge; 16° each side
- 68 micro layers of Damascus cladding look beautiful, support and protect the core
- Hammered tsuchime finish helps release food easily when cutting
- Walnut finish, contoured Pakkawood® handle; offers comfort and control; resists moisture
- Handcrafted in Japan