All cooks have certain tools that really work for them. That's one of the reasons Shun makes so many different types of kitchen knives; so you can always find the ones that work best for you. The Shun Premier 5.5-in. Santoku is a case in point. Smaller than our full-sized santoku, this one is an in-between size and weight that make it perfect for most medium-sized kitchen tasks. Slicing baby carrots, chopping shallots, cutting butter or chocolateâ€_all are perfect jobs for the Shun Premier 5.5-in. Santoku. If you have smaller hands or simply prefer a compact knife, this one is sure to become one of your favorite kitchen go-to knives.
- Top performance in a smaller, lightweight, multipurpose knife
- VG-MAX cutting core; the latest in the VG line of “super steels”; wear resistant, corrosion resistant, holds a fine, sharp edge; 16° each side
- 68 micro layers of Damascus cladding look beautiful, support and protect the core
- Hammered tsuchime finish helps release food easily when cutting
- Walnut finish, contoured Pakkawood® handle; offers comfort and control; resists moisture
- Handcrafted in Japan