Shun named its Shima Steak Knife Set for Tokyo’s famous Shima Steakhouse, where diners from all over the world enjoy some of the world’s finest beef. Inspired by Shima, Shun created a steak knife that can make even the world’s best steak taste better. Here’s why the right steak knife makes a difference: Much of the delicious flavor in steak is contained in its juices, which are held inside by the fibers of the meat. Cutting with Shima’s razor-sharp 16° edge means that far fewer meat fibers are cut with each slice, so that more of the juices and more of the flavor remain exactly where they belong—in the steak. These lightweight steak knives offer easy, comfortable cutting control to enhance your dining experience.
- A razor-sharp edge and recurved blade make cutting effortless, keeps juices in the meat
- Long, 5-inch blade offers easy, one-pass slicing without crushing or tearing
- High-carbon AUS8A Japanese stainless steel blade for long-lasting quality
- Riveted PakkaWood handles are durable, slim, and fit the hand; handle tapers near the blade to enable a slight pinch grip for extra cutting control
- Decorative inlaid rondels add a handsome touch