This is the place to start your Shun Sora collection. In Japan, the Sora Chef's Knife would be called a gyuto. It's used for all the same purposes as a chef's knife—all-around food preparation. But it has slightly less curve than a Western chef's knife, which means it contacts the cutting board along more of its length, so more food is cut per slice. The Sora has a gentle roll off the tip compared to the large roll of a Western style knife, so the Sora needs to be lifted less, making cutting more efficient. What's more, with Sora, you get handcrafted Japanese quality at an amazing price.
- THE must-have kitchen knife
- Proprietary Composite Blade Technology puts high-performance VG10 steel on the cutting edge and highly corrosion-resistant Japanese 420J stainless steel on the blade upper
- San mai edge construction protects and supports the VG10 cutting core; razor-sharp 16° edge each side for quick, easy cutting
- Traditional handle design in textured PP/TPE polymer blend provides a contemporary look, secure grip and balance, and is easy to maintain
- Blade tang extends all the way to the embossed handle medallion for strength and balance
- Handcrafted in Japan