The Shun Classic 8-Piece Student Set includes the key knives you will need every day in class—the Shun Classic 8-in. Chef's Knife, the 3.5-in. Paring Knife, and the 6-in. Utility Knife. The set also includes the Shun Boning/Fillet Knife so you will have the tool needed to master the important skills of boning and filleting. The 9-in. Bread Knife ensures your bread slices quickly and cleanly. The Hollow-Ground Slicing Knife helps you make thin, even slices. You also get the Shun Honing Steel to help maintain your knives' Shun-sharp edge. And finally, to carry it all to and from class, this 8-piece set includes a sturdy 8-Slot Shun Knife Roll. The handsome nylon knife roll is embroidered with the Shun logo and will hold all your knives, plus room for one more. It folds up compactly for easy carrying.
- Portable set includes the essential and specialty knives every aspiring chef needs
- Proprietary VG-MAX cutting core is wear and corrosion resistant, strong, and very fine-grained to enable a razor-sharp, long-lasting 16° edge each side
- 34 layers of stainless Damascus cladding each side (68 total) support the core, add stain resistance, and help food release from the blade
- D-shaped ebony-finished Pakkawood handles are comfortable for both left- and right-handed users; durable, beautiful, and won’t harbor bacteria
- Full composite tang for light weight and perfect balance
- Includes knife roll for easy travel with your knives
- Handcrafted in Japan