Automatic Knife Release Form
You must read and fill out this form before Kai USA, Ltd. can sell to you, or ship to you, any Automatic or Butterfly Knives. By electronically signing this online form, you confirm that you are in compliance with the federal statutes shown below as well as any applicable state and local regulation.
By placing an order or receiving a product service (such as warranty repair service) from us, you agree that you meet any or all of the following criteria:
APPLICABLE FEDERAL STATUTES
18 U.S.C. § 1716 (G) (2) (1-4) provides, in summary:
Switchblade (automatic) knives can be shipped to civilian and armed forces supply or procurement officers and employees of the federal government ordering or procuring or purchasing such knives in connection with activities of the Federal government; to supply or procurement officers in the National Guard, the Air National Guard or militia of the state or territory of the District of Columbia ordering, procuring or purchasing such knives in connections with the activities of such organizations; to supply or procurement officers or employees of the municipal government of the District of Columbia or the government of any state or territory of any county, city or other political subdivision of a state or territory ordering, procuring or purchasing such knives in connection with the activities of such government.
15 U.S.C. § 1244 provides, in summary:
Knives can be shipped by common carrier; that sale, transportation or distribution, possession or introduction into interstate commerce of switchblade knives is authorized if it is pursuant to a contract with the armed forces; or, any member or employee thereof acting in the performance of his or her duty may possess switchblade knives and may have them shipped to him and sold to him or her. The possession and transportation upon his or her person of a switchblade knife or a blade 3 inches or less is authorized to any handicapped individual who has the use of only one arm.
STATE LAW PROVISIONS
It would be impossible to provide an exhaustive review of the laws that may apply in the various fifty states and in the various counties, parishes, municipalities, and other political subdivisions within each state. By signing this form below, you will be certifying that in addition to complying with federal law, you have determined which, if any, state or local laws apply to you, and that you are acting in compliance with those laws.
No Post Office Box addresses can be used on this form. Item(s) must be sent in going UPS or Fed Ex. No USPS shipments will be accepted. If the address that you have filled out on this form is no longer a valid address, you must contact us and fill out a new form.
f-18 form successfully submitted
A confirmation will be sent to your email shortly. You can find your signed form in your Account.
Please note, you cannot add to cart without signing the f-18 agreement
Shipping & Returns
When you order from this website, your order ships for just $6.99 per order anywhere within the United States, no matter how many knives you order. (We’re sorry, but we are not currently shipping to locations outside of the US, including US territories such as Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, American Samoa, etc.) Any Free Shipping promotions we may offer apply to shipping within the continental US only.
We are updating our computer systems May 26th-June 3rd. Orders received during this time may be delayed by up to 2 weeks. We encourage you to hold off on placing orders during this time. Orders will not be shipping during that time frame. Thank you for your patience.
Current Shipping Methods
Second Day Air
Next Day Air
Estimated Delivery Time
Processing, shipping, and handling times are approximated and not guaranteed. You will receive tracking information for your shipping method via the email you provide us with your order.
KAI USA LTD Will be closed on the following Holidays:
- Memorial Day: MAY 27, 2024
- Independence Day: JULY 4, 2024
- Labor Day: SEPT 2, 2024
- Thanksgiving Day: NOV 28, 2024
- Day After Thanksgiving: NOV 29, 2024
- Christmas Holiday: DEC 23-25, 2024
- Orders will be processed and shipped within 1-3 business days.
- Your selected shipping time/method begins once your order leaves our warehouse.
- If you place your order after 10 AM Pacific Standard Time, your order will be processed the following business day. This applies to 2nd Day Air and Next Day Air expedited orders.
- Orders are shipped during business days only, Monday – Friday (excluding holidays).
- We do not process orders on Saturday, Sunday, or major US holidays.
- 2nd Day Air and Next Day Air orders are not delivered on the weekend.
- UPS & FedEx ships to street addresses only. Please choose USPS Ground Shipping if you wish to ship to a PO Box or APO/FPO or your order will be cancelled.
- Orders with a total of $200.00 or more may require a signature at the time of delivery.
- We are closed on all major US holidays (Memorial Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc.). So that our employees can spend these important days with their families.
You may cancel your order at any time prior to Kai USA processing your order by calling 1-800-325-2891 or emailing customerserviceWEB@kai-usa.com. Unfortunately, we are not able to cancel orders once they have been shipped. You may, however, return the order once it arrives.
RETURNING A PRODUCT
Easy 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
Changed your mind? If you aren't delighted with your purchase, you can return an unused product, in the original packaging, and with a copy of our website email receipt, within 30 days and we will happily refund the purchase price.
It's easy to return a product purchased from our website
- Please contact Customer Service to request a Return Authorization: 1-800-325-2891 or email us at: customerserviceWEB@kai-usa.com. Be sure to have the information from your packing slip available.
- You will receive email instructions for returning your product.
- Ship your unused product, in its original packaging, to the address identified in our email.
- Kai USA is not responsible for returned items until they are received by us. It is recommended that you insure/track your returned items.
Return address is:
Kai USA Ltd.
9620 SW Herman Rd.
Tualatin, OR 97062
Original delivery fees are refunded only if returns are for defective products, products that were not described accurately, or incorrect orders. Call Customer service 1-800-325-2891 or email customerserviceWEB@kai-usa.com to arrange these returns.
Individual products may be excluded from our Easy 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee. Check the product description before you place your order.
Refunds and credit
You can only initiate a return after an order has been marked as shipped. When an order is shipped, you will receive an email with your tracking information.
The refund will be for the value of the returned items only, unless otherwise noted. Original delivery fees and/or donations are not eligible for refunds. Individual products may be excluded from our Easy 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee, such as final sale items or warehouse sale items. Please check the product description before you place your order.
Credit for returned items can only be applied to the original credit card that was used to make the purchase. Returns will be applied to the purchasing credit card within 5 to 10 days from the date that the return is accepted.
If the return is due to defective products, inaccurate product descriptions, or an incorrect order, call or email customer service at 1-800-325-2891 or email us at customerserviceWEB@kai-usa.com to discuss the item/s you received.
Kai USA sales tax policy
Purchases on our website are subject to applicable state and local sales taxes based on delivery addresses.