The chef's knife is the one knife no cook can be without. This all-purpose knife is ideal for a wide variety of cutting tasks. The Kazahana Chef's Knife is based on its Asian counterpart, the GYUTO. It offers a wider heel and a fairly flat profile toward the heel—perfect for push cuts—but Shun also gave it a little belly from mid-blade toward the tip so that it can be gently "rocked" through fresh herbs or spices to produce a very fine mince. In Japanese, "Kazahana" means "Snow that flickers like petals dancing in a clear sky," much like the finish on its beautiful satin finish blade.
- The one knife no cook can be without
- AUS10A blade; high-carbon stainless steel offers strength, corrosion resistance, hardness, and wear resistance; added vanadium refines the steel grain enabling a razor-sharp 16° edge
- Satin finish blade assists in food release
- Polished black Pakkawood handle for a secure, comfortable grip
- Full-tang construction for durability and precision balance
- Handcrafted in Japan