A paring knife is indispensable in the kitchen. Peeling, trimming, making decorative cuts, or even chopping small foods like shallots or garlic—the small size of the paring knife gives you complete cutting control. The Narukami 4-in. Paring Knife brings you all this versatility combined with the top performance of fine carbon steel cutlery. Narukami’s Blue II carbon steel cutting core takes and holds a razor-sharp edge then re-sharpens easily when needed. Like all carbon steels, Blue II requires additional care to prevent rust and corrosion from forming on the carbon steel core. Cleaning and drying immediately is key. Over time, the edge will darken, developing a patina which, when formed, will also help protect the edge. Full-tang construction and riveted handles ensure a lifetime of service from this multi-skilled knife.
- One of the two most essential kitchen knives
- Blue II carbon steel cutting core for edge holding, easy re-sharpening
- Stainless steel san mai cladding, one layer each side, makes maintenance easier, supports the core; bead-blasting hides scratches, helps food release
- Riveted Micarta handles are durable and comfortable
- Full-tang construction for strength and balance
- Handcrafted in Japan