The Shun Kazahana Utility is between a chef's knife and a paring knife in size, but with a narrower, straighter blade. It's perfect for tasks where precise cuts are needed, such as trimming green beans or other small vegetables. Its slightly curved belly enables it to do moderate rocking cuts, too. Utility knives are sometimes called sandwich knives because they work well on almost everything that goes into a sandwich—from tomatoes, to meats and cheeses. In Japanese, "Kazahana" means "Snow that flickers like petals dancing in a clear sky," much like the finish on its beautiful satin finish blade.
- A multi-purpose knife, between a chef's knife and a paring knife in size, perfect for precision cuts
- AUS10A blade; high-carbon stainless steel offers strength, corrosion resistance, hardness, and wear resistance; added vanadium refines the steel grain enabling a razor-sharp 16° edge
- Satin finish blade assists in food release
- Polished black Pakkawood handle for a secure, comfortable grip
- Full-tang construction for durability and precision balance
- Handcrafted in Japan